Tuesday, April 14, 2009

So there...

When I finally committed to keep a blog, it was mostly to use it as a journal to capture my thoughts/memories before they were long gone. I don't expect anyone to read my blog but a very few friends and family but I knew that if I gave it a try it would pay off and it has :) I have been able to complete more scrapbooking layouts because, either the actual journaling or the basic thoughts, have already been written here. HOO-RAY for anything that makes life easier!!!

I love this page about Caleb and I really just cut and pasted the journaling from my blog entry on his birthday. I really wish I had done a layout like this for him and the rest of my brood each year. It's already fun to look back and remember the things he was into and how much he has already changed. Sigh......

I also have to admit, that although it was extremely painful (understanding my addiction to have the latest and greatest in scrapping supplies) to cancel my Studio Calico kit subscription, it was a good decision for now. It has pushed me, not only to use the volumes of STUFF I've accumulated, but it has helped me to be more creative. I am re-discovering papers and embellishments I've long forgotten. It feels so much more responsible to use what I have and contribute what I'm not spending to other good causes...... That doesn't mean it's not hard every month when I see the gorgeous kit SC is offering but so far, I've resisted temptation. One day at a time :)


I'm in the process of editing fun Easter photos - hopefully sometime this week I'll upload some of those.

1 comments:

Krista Lund April 24, 2009 at 11:21 AM  

I am always surprised with what I come up with when I use my stash! When I don't buy and have as much I don't feel overwhelmed by all my *stuff*!

LEARNING TO BE REAL

To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. Ralph Waldo Emerson

2009 LIFE VERSE

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. Hebrews 12: 1-3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP