Monday, August 10, 2009

Because

photos cause me to fall in love with them over and over again.

Because photos capture them right now in a way that will always help me remember - I am "bottling their youth" so I can open it up and enjoy it's fragrance even after these days are long gone.



Because they remind me to be present and make me grateful when I can see that I am.




Because there is SO VERY much goodness in our lives and having visual reminders always helps me, especially on challenging days.


Because I've been taking pictures in my head all of my life - it's just that now I have a sweet camera instead of my deteriorating brain :)

My incredible husband gave me my first "real" camera all those years ago. Little did he know what a gift it would be. :)

All these photos were taken yesterday on our visit to Starved Rock State Park. We hiked, fished (more correctly, we played with worms), ate a yummy picnic lunch, had an impromptu "team building session" on a log across a creek, melted in the heat but above all else, we spent some fun time together as a family. :)

Just so it's documented, this is just one set of the MULTIPLE sets of stairs we climbed to get to the top of Starved Rock. It was 93 degrees with 89% humidity. Everyone was allowed to complain just once about the heat - we all did.....

0 comments:

LEARNING TO BE REAL

To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. Ralph Waldo Emerson

2009 LIFE VERSE

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. Hebrews 12: 1-3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP