Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Photo Essay - Take 2

OK, for my last photography assignment, I REALLY wanted to challenge myself to actually SAY something with my photo essay. And while, I'm really happy with the photos of Nathan and Caleb reading (it's such a tender moment between them), I was working on some pictures of Caleb holding hands with important people in his life and just wasn't sure I'd make the assignment deadline. Well, he cooperated and I did it. Aside from the fact that Zach is missing as am I from the photos, this is what I really wanted my assignment to be. I get a BIG old lump in my throat when I look at these pictures and know the relationship that he has with each "hand". The center bottom photo is especially meaningful to me (and was the hardest to shoot). It is Caleb standing at Samuel's memorial in our backyard. This summer, I've found him there often, just leaning up against it thinking. I can't help but think about the relationship those two would have if Samuel were with us (would Samuel reign him in or would he be mischievious alongside Caleb?). Sigh.

I am sincerely grateful for this photography class. It has opened my eyes and heart to not only developing better photography skills but what it is that I am saying with my photos.

1 comments:

Amy Jo July 1, 2009 at 11:46 AM  

This is wonderful! I love your theme and the thought you had for this. Great moments caught! Lovin your photos all over on the other posts too! have a happy day.

amyjo

LEARNING TO BE REAL

To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. Ralph Waldo Emerson

2009 LIFE VERSE

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. Hebrews 12: 1-3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP