Wednesday, July 15, 2009

he sincerely is...


So much of my story telling and ranting here is devoted to Caleb. Yes, he's small and cute and full of mischief. He sends me over the edge on some of my best days. But in the course of those trials and tribulations with Caleb, I never want to overlook the sweet son who is so easy to get along with who often takes a back seat to the attention-demanding, trouble-getting-into, crackin-us-up hysterically Caleb.

Last week, I had the chance to get away with Nathan, just he and I. We went to Six Flags Great America for a roller coaster riding adventure. It's a two hour drive each way and then we spent over 8 hours in the park. One of the things that struck me over and over again that day, was purely and simply, Nathan is just so very easy to be with. He is a quiet when he has nothing important to say. He has a calm presence about him that is relaxing. He is sincerely funny and witty. He is kind and caring and takes into consideration how to make the day fun for everyone, not just himself. He is interesting and thoughtful and creative and well, you get it...he's just so easy to be with.

I absolutely love and adore Nathan and I sincerely appreciate how easy he is to hang out with (even if this is just a fleeting phase). He is an incredible blessing to me. He allows me to relax and breathe, to enjoy myself without giving thought to what antic or tantrum I'm going to have to deal with next. That is truly a gift.

Thank you Nathan.

1 comments:

Amy Jo July 15, 2009 at 10:53 PM  

This is so true. So glad you had a great day together. That is a great experience to spend time with just one child at a time!

LEARNING TO BE REAL

To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. Ralph Waldo Emerson

2009 LIFE VERSE

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. Hebrews 12: 1-3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP