Thursday, June 25, 2009

Prairie Fest at Night

Fogh who? ...I'm the one who looked at the Prairie Fest schedule - just to check out who was playing, the times for cheaper rides. You know the deal, right? Well, I saw that Foghat was playing. So what, I thought. Didn't mention it to Scott. What does he care about Foghat right? Well, I was W-R-O-N-G-G-G! He about wet himself when he found out that they were playing right in his "back yard" on Saturday night. So, thankfully Sissy kidsat for us and the Boss and I dragged ourselves back to Prairie Fest along with a BUNCH of other "near geriatrics" to watch Foghat. Disinterested at best (don't tell him I said that), I took along my camera and decided it was time to overcome my problems with night shots. After leaving the "near geriatrics", most of whom were sportin' mullets or ponytails, I wondered into "hormone heaven". The amount of teenagers in the ride section of the park was overwhelming - raging hormones on a hot summer night....nice. Glad the boys were back home in bed. :) It was, however, a great opportunity to play with some of the settings on my camera AND the bonus was,it got me out of listening to Fogh who...!

This is fog who....Scott was teasing that they were on pure oxygen by the end of the show.

I love the orange glow of these nightime shots. I shot them wide open at 1600 ISO and no flash.





And this is the first time, we went to Prairie Fest and didn't partake in one of these...

0 comments:

LEARNING TO BE REAL

To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. Ralph Waldo Emerson

2009 LIFE VERSE

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. Hebrews 12: 1-3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP